Tuesday, April 20, 2010

rabbit stinson... it could have been magical

You know what's not even remotely as fun as dancing with a Nile Special in your hand? Sober dancing. I mean, I'm less confident, people look a lot less attractive, I remember where the bathroom is located... or maybe that last point is a good thing. But the creators of Peace Corps Biggest Loser really should have listed those first two side effects on the waver.

There are 13 of us in the competition; 13 trash-talking, self-depriving, soon-to-be skinny Peace Corps Volunteers. I'm at least fulfilling the first part of that desciption. I'm really hoping to skip over the whole self-deprivation thing and go right to the skinny, especially since discovering a deliciously unavoidable snack called Roasty Tasty. We'll see. I've been stuck in Kampala for a few days and saw a book at Aerostock (the ghetto Barnes & Nobles of Uganda without the annoying Jewel CD on repeat) entitiled How to do Anything Without Working Hard...sounds great to me! My current plan is to just buy that book and set it on my bedside table for the duration of the competition, 6 months. Maybe I'll even read it. Before you doubt my seriousness in this competition I should say I did make an effort to pause at Aeorstock's exercise section but after flipping through an 80s exercise book and rediscovering the hilarity of spandex I saw a book called 40,001 baby names that called to me. It turns out my name is not listed in the Playful Girl Names section. I'm interpreting that to mean I was destined from the start to be lazyish and plump. But apparently if I'd been named Rabbit or Viveca I'd be playful as hell!

No comments:

Post a Comment