Wednesday, October 28, 2009

something is scurrying around in my ceiling, and it doesn't sound nice

So I was trying to go to sleep last night and I couldn't help noticing the little pitter-patter of feet... or possibly claws... in the ceiling right above my bed. Not sure what that's about but I'm thinking if I just ignore it it's bound to go away, right? So anyway I just kind of put the sound of the mystery animal's steps to a beat and hummed myself to sleep. It was totally soothing. Which is good because I had 15 oreos for dinner and was on a totally miserable yet somehow amazing sugar high.

Today I had a lot of time to sit and brainstorm future health outreach projects. Obviously, malaria is a huge issue in every African country and should be addressed, but I can't help but feel like a hypocrite because my house is a serious mosquito breeding ground. First of all, it's surrounded by tall grass where mosquitoes love to hide and relax and make little mosquito babies, and then there's the little issue of pooling water in my bathing area. But I'm a bit lonely here so I consider them to be tiny winged friends. Almost fairy-like when you think about it. Except that fairies don't carry a killer virus.

No comments:

Post a Comment